This area of TF116 web site is
where you will find information concerning the North East
Northeast Chapter 7/11/2016
(Click to read)»
Minutes for Northeast Chapter Meeting May 2007 »
Chapter cookout/ Reunion is June 24th at the
Berkley (MA) American Legion. Menu will consist of BBQ Chicken (as last year)
and STILL only $10.00 per person if paid in advance.
Brian Mullen will
have the NEW pins available for disbursement on both dates. Questions? Contact:
Photo Gallery »
Newsletter & DDG-95 Commissioning Ceremony Info
Posting news and pictures a
second page for N E chapter.
Bob Kilkelly secretary.
The Northeast Chapter of Gamewardens of Vietnam
the June, 2003 Annual Meeting
- Meeting called to order by Chapt. President Ray Snow
- Minutes of March 22 meeting read & accepted
- Treasurer's report was read & accepted. ($2,348.85)
- National President John Woody and Vice President Walter Fanton were introduced and allowed to address the attendees about the
- Thus far proceeds ($5,100.00) from the book
written by Ed Vick "SliNGSHOT" have been donated to the National. It is
requested that everyone purchase the book that can afford it, from our website.
It is well written & puts us all back into the conflict.
- The San Antonio Reunion will be held on August
4th, 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th, 2004. More information will come out this
- A dedication will be done at the Virginia Beach
Reunion of "PBR FVA". All Gamewarden Members are requested to attend. The
reunion is being held from July 17- July 20
- Pres. Woody was told that the Northeast Chapter
was in support of allowing "Special Boat Units" to join as associate members of
- A payment plan for Life Memberships was
- The location for the 2006 Reunion was
- Northeast Returned the National's Gamewarden Flags
to the National President, John Woody.
- Flag prices are more than we expected ($800.00 to
$1,000.00). Voted to have Herm Smith look into purchase price for the flags or
- Motion made & passed for Chapter to donate
$300.00 to the Coronado Memorial Fund.
- Several mailings were returned with "no forwarding
address". These will be deleted from our mailing list until they are updated.
If anyone changes his or her email or snail mail address, be sure to notify the
- November 09, 2003 will be our next meeting at the
Bourne National Cemetery on Cape Cod. We will meet at the cemetery around 11:30
hrs, and after a short ceremony we will continue our meeting at the Gray Gables
- April 03, 2004 will be the date for our meeting at
the VFW Post in Middleboro, Massachusetts, starting at noon.
- The 2004 Annual Meeting for the Northeast Chapter
will be at Pleasant Valley Campground, Ryegate, Vermont on June 29, 2004. Ray
Snow & Bob Kilkelley will be in-charge of arrangements.
- Other outfit reunions this summer are: PBR-FVA at
the Holiday Inn, Virginia Beach, VA July 17-20, and TF-117 River Assault Group
(RAG's) at Fort Mitchell, Kentucky in August.
ELECTION OF NORTHEAST CHAPTER OFFICERS
PRESidENT: Ray Snow
VICE PRESidENT: Walter Campbell
TREASURER: Brian Mullen
SECRETARY: Bob Kilkelley
15:10 hrs:Meeting adjourned
The Northeast Chapter
of Gamewardens of Vietnam minutes for March 22, 2003 meeting
Glass Post #2188, Middleboro, Massachusetts.
In attendance: Walt Campbell (VP); Brian Mullen
(TRES); Dennis Scully (SEC); Don Jackson; Bob Kilkelly; Jack Babcock; Dave
Rice; Ed Russell; Mike Kiley; Madge Kiley; Dave Butcher; Paul Gagne; Bill
Tubman; Fred Timms
- Meeting opened by Walt Campbell
- Minutes of November meeting read & accepted
- Treasurer's report read & accepted ($3,217.76)
- Donations were made to "The Flag Truck" and the Bourne VFW
- Northeast Game Flag: Flag prices are more than we
expected ($800.00 to $1,000.00). Voted to look into purchase price for a
- Don Jackson stated the Town of Osterville might not
allow our 2004 Chapter Reunion, due to politics within community. Don will keep
- Special Boat Unit #22: Still no word from attorney
on possibility of allowing SBU members to join our organization.
- Northeast Chapter Website: Our site has not been
up-dated in a few years. Andy Onderdonk is no longer able to enter the site.
Robert Kilkelly has offered to maintain a site for our Chapter. I believe Andy
has given the go-a-head before. I will personally contact Andy and the National
to make sure nobody minds if Bob takes over the site.
- Several mailings were returned with "no forwarding
address". These will be deleted from our mailing list until they are
- Two books have been published. "Brownwater", by
Samuel Crawford, and "Slingshot", by Edward Vick.
- Northeast Chapter will be at Pleasant Valley
Campground, Ryegate, Vermont on June 21, 2003. Check the
flyer for more information.
- Other outfit reunions are: PBR-FVA at the Holiday
Inn, Virginia Beach, VA and TF-117 Riverine at Fort Mitchell, Kentucky near the
end of June 2003.
- Brian Mullen will be ordering more Gamewarden
t-shirts for the Ryegate Reunion.
15:10 hrs: Meeting adjourned.
GAMEWARDEN'S OF VIETNAM NORTHEAST
MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 10, 2002 MEETING
OTIS AIR FORCE BASE &
We had our Veterans Day march at the
Bourne National Cemetery on Cape Cod Massachusetts at 13:00 hrs. Present were
Walt Campbell (V.P.); Brian Mullen (Treas.); Dennis Scully (Sec.); Dave
Butcher; Don Jackson; Dave Rice, Mike Kiley, Scott Kraska, Madge Kiley and
guest Roland Case. The National's Flags were paraded. Near the end of the
ceremony, two (2) F-15's from The Massachusetts Air National Guard did a
fly-over. As they lifted and did a rollover, it began to rain. It turned out
that it was provided by the Lord, and not related to Agent Orange this time. We
then retired to the Aptucxet VFW Post for refreshments and a buffet.
APTUCXET VFW POST 5988
- Meeting called to order at approximately 14:10 hrs
by Walt Campbell
- Minutes from Northeast Chapter June 8th meeting
read by DJ Scully & accepted
- Treasurer's report read by Brian Mullen &
accepted (Balance $3,521.93)
- Logistics will not allow the Chapter's 2003 reunion
in Mooseup, Connecticut, so that location has been cancelled.
- Ray Snow is currently in Florida, but sent along a
suggestion that we have the meeting on June 21st, 2003 at the Pleasant Valley
Campgrounds, Rye Gate, Vermont. He will provide a menu, motel & campsite
prices and other information on activities in the near future. Motion was made
to have Ray & Gayle Snow handle the 2003 Reunion in Rye Gate. Motion
- Don Jackson brought up discussion to have 2004
Reunion in Osterville Massachusetts. His son runs a club with a patio, which
could be closed for a private party on Cape Cod. He will get all necessary
prices and accommodations for our next reunion.
- Our next Northeast Chapter Meeting will be on
Saturday, March 22nd, 2003 at the John F. Glass VFW Post 2188 in Middleboro,
Massachusetts. At high noon.
- Motion was made to have the Northeast Chapter have
a marching type flag made up, and purchasing our own Stars & Stripes and
POW/MIA flags. The secretary will get a price. Money has been appropriated for
cost of Chapter flag.
- Scott Kraska stated his PBR MK ll has been
transported from his backyard to a company that does fiberglass work. He also
plans to have a display of memorabilia, so anyone who wished to donate
something, it will be accepted graciously. (Patches, letters, parts of uniform,
- Please pay your dues directly to the Northeast
- The Chapter provided a token donation to VFW Post
5988 for allowing us use of their meeting hall and the food buffet.
- Meeting adjourned at 17:00 hrs.
DENNIS J. SCULLY
MIDDLEBORO, MA 02346
- Where we are, and what is going on in the
(See the activities
area of the main site or read our latest newsletter)
- Our photo album. (see below)